What to do:
- Look at the book, talk about the title and picture on the front cover.
- Read this story with your child first then encourage them to repeat any repetitive sounds or rhyming words that they have heard.
- Encourage your child to use the pictures in order to recall events on the page after reading it to them first, pointing out pictures of similar sounding objects/ animals.
- After reading the story, encourage your child to voice other words that rhyme with the key words that have been highlighted. (e.g. cat, hat, sat, mat, bat.)
- Use the props to help retell the story.